Life. Live it. Love it. Learn from it.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dear FOUR year old Parker (Part 2)

Well it is 1o o'clock on the dot,
and you and I are piled up in my bed
because you wanted to watch a movie in my room
{it's your favorite thing to do},
but as usual, you turn right over, snuggle up under

the covers and konk out.
I would normally pick you up and carry you to bed,
struggling to walk without falling forward, with you
in my arms, but right now I think I'm just going to
lay here with you and look at you....soak it all in.

I can't get over the way your little body now hangs
off of my legs when you are sitting in my lap...
The way your once pudgy fingers have thinned out
and are almost as big as my whole hand.

I lay here and brush the hair off of your forehead,
run my hand across your soft tummy, and gawk over
your massive eyelashes and I can't help but to giggle
as I notice that you are all snuggled up with the
power ranger sword I got you today.

Does it make me a bad mom that I talked you
into going somewhere other than McDonalds
for your birthday???.......

Surely not! Because Ricatonis is SO much better.

Although we kept it low key today, with a handful
of small gifts, your super duper four year old
bash is this Saturday and I don't know who is more
excited...you or me?

I hope you had an FANTASTIC FOURTH birthday!







No comments:

Post a Comment