Life. Live it. Love it. Learn from it.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

In my other life.

Sometimes I lay in bed
&& in my mind I play the "what if" game.
Or
the "what would I do in another life" game.

What if I had made different choices?
..taken a different path?
..lived in another state?
..lived in another COUNTRY for that matter?
..waited longer to have a baby?
What if?...

Its not that I don't love the life I live...

because I do--very very mucho in fact!
Sometimes it's just fun to say,
in another life I totally would have_______...

My other lives:

NYC Girl.
I live in a small studio apartment with brick walls. I walk to work in 5 inch heels with my Starbucks hot coffee with my effortless style. I dine with important people every evening and we discuss current affairs because in this life...I read the newspaper. On the weekends I sit in cafe window seats and watch the passerby and wonder what kind of life they live.


Small Town Girl.
Not like the small town I live in now, but a small quaint town on the coast of North Carolina, like the ones you read about in Nicholas Sparks novels. My house has a wrap around front porch, fireflies and a tire swing. It's safe enough for kids to walk to and from school. There are festivals, bingo nights and bake sales. We take a weekly stroll on the beach every Sunday evening. I collect sea shells, read until I fall asleep on my front porch and have kiddos that play outside with sticks and rocks.


Travel Girl.
With nothing but a backpack, a camera, and a journal...I embark across the globe without a plan! A month in a small italian village, hopping Greek islands, surfing in Maui, and having some Eat, Pray, Love moments along the way. :-) Not a care in the world. Living life day to day.


That's it.

These are my "other lives"
Glamorous huh?
But even on my worst day
I would not trade the life I have.


Because while I am a dreamer,
I am a realist,
And I know that I can't have it all.
I can't be a world traveler, or a NYC girl,
small town girl on the beach, AND mother of the year.


When I was 18,
I thought I could have it all.

When I was 19
Me and Parker spotted the most
GORGEOUS guy that takes
the best care of us,
and I made my choice,

him.


and wherever that journey is going to take us. :-)


I love you JEREMY and PARKER.

No comments:

Post a Comment