Life. Live it. Love it. Learn from it.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

I Got The Remedies :)

Random Remedies...

that I use at home.

{Brown Sugar Face Mask.}
suga suga.

I have extra exxxxtra dry skin on my face and everytime I put make-up on I can see little flakies on my nose sometimes, and in between my eyebrows sometimes but mainly on my chin. So exfoliating to get rid of all of the dead skin cells is something I do a whole lot.

SO.

The way I do that IS:

Using brown sugar. and milk.

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
1/4 cup of milk.

{you can keep adding, depending on how much you need}

Put the brown sugar in a small bowl and add the milk. Keep adding the milk until its {soupy}. Apply to your face. {its going to be very gritty}. Scrub the entire face gently and then let it sit for 5 to 10 mins or until its dry. Remove with warm water and then you can cleanse with your regular facial cleanser {if you want to}{I dont} Pat dry && apply a moisturizer.

{EVOO.}
Outside and In.

So, with me going to school for Esthetics and Skin care, Ive learned a whole lot about the history of skin care. One of the most prized ingredients that the Egyptians, Greeks & Romans took advantage of was EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL.

Olive oil doesn't only just give the skin a healthy radiant complexion, but it can also maintain elasticity in your skin, heal dry brittle nails and soften cuticles, and can also condition and add shine to hair.

To receive full benefit of olive oil, EAT IT! Olive Oil is full of antioxidants, and Vitamin E.

Olive Oil Treatments:

Bath: For a moisturizing soak, add about 1/4 cup olive oil and several drops of some essential oil. I prefer Lavender oil, and will take the bath before bed because Lavender relaxes you. {CAUTION:SLIPPERY TUB}

Dry Skin: Massage a small amount of olive oil on extra dry areas such as elbows or heels.

Hands: For rough, dry hands. Combine two tablespoons of oil with two tablespoons of sugar. Rub on hands until sugar begins to dissolve. Rinse with warm water. Voila! Silky-smooth hands.

Feet: Apply a liberal amount of oil to feet at bedtime. Cover with cotton socks. Not sexy... but oh-so-soft feet in the morning! The magic works for hands, too. Cover with white cotton gloves {hmm, even less sexy}.

Face: Create a moisturizing facial mask with olive oil, honey, and an egg yolk. Beat until well blended and apply to face... then relax! Leave on for 15 minutes then rinse with warm water.

Nails: Warm a small dish of olive oil {not too hot} with a tablespoon of lemon juice. Soak nails for 5- 10 minutes. This softens cuticles while it strengthens nails.

Hair: For a simple oil treatment, warm several tablespoons of olive oil {again, not hot}. Rub into scalp and hair. Cover with a shower cap or a small plastic bag. Leave on for 20-30 minutes.
For extra conditioning, mix an egg yolk with the olive oil... but do not warm. This is great for dry hair and split ends. It may even heal dandruff.
Shampoo twice after this treatment or you'll smell like raw egg!

Lips: Alleviate chapped lips with straight olive oil. Dab on lips... especially helpful at bedtime.

{Pearly Whites.}
Cheaper than white strips.

What you need:

2 YOUTH Football mouth peices (clear)
{96 cents at walmart}

Plus White: 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel
{$5 at walmart}

Mouth Peice instructions:

Boil Water.
Take water off the stove and let stand for 30 seconds.
Place 1 mouth peice in the water for 10 seconds.
Take out of the water with tongs shake the water off.
Place in mouth, bite down and suck all of the water out
Leave it in for 30 seconds.
This creates a mold of your teeth.
Take mouthpeice out and hold under cold water.

Repeat for the bottom mouth peice.

{when you buy the mouthpeices, the instructions are on the back in case mine made zero sense, which is more than likely.}

Instructions for Whitening gel:

Get a Qtip and put some of the gel on the Qtip and rub all over the the top and bottom teeth. Make sure you get the spaces between your teeth too.
Fill the mouthpeices up with white gel. Dont overdo it because it will seep out and its nasty. Do not swallow it. I always do this, and get in the shower so I can spit out the extra gel that doesnt stay in the mouth peice. Leave in 5-10 mins. Take out, rinse with water. Brush teeth with a whitening tooth paste.

And then I always rinse with a whitening mouth wash.

{Raccoon Eyes.}
or puffy.

Yes. I am young. But if I go through a phase where I dont sleep good for a few nights, I start getting darkish looking circles under my eyes. {Which I hate}.

There are severel causes of DARK CIRCLES:

Age. As you grow older the skin begins to get thinner and the veins under the eyes become more visible.

Fatigue / Lack of sleep.

Stress or depression.

Nutrient deficiency - lack of balanced diet can cause various defeciencies in the body and can cause unwanted dark circles or bags under the eyes.

Hyper pigmentation.

Sun exposure.

Excess use of drugs and medications.

While there are several different remedies for DARK CIRCLES, depending on how severe your dark circles are, I choose the one that has seemed the most simple, and most effective ON ME. Have you have ever seen at a Spa or on TV, when someone has a facial mask, with cucumber slices over their eyes, and wondered what the purpose was for the cucumbers? Well, IM going to tell you!

{The remedy I use} Cucumber slices, or cucumber juice can help reduce the appearance of dark circles. Cucumber slices or juice lighten the skin and also soothe the skin. So not only do they reduce dark circles, but if you have a job where you stare at the computer screen all day, and your eyes are usually irrated when you get home, try applying cucumber slices or juice to the skin around the eyes! Also helps for itchy irritated eyes when dealing with allergies too. If you are allergic to cucumbers, or don't have any, potatoes have the same effect. They just dont smell as good!

{Other remedies for dark circles:}

Place two cold tea bags over your eyes.

Creams with Vitamin E and Vitamin C can be applied to the skin around the eyes.

Almond oil massaged under the eyes. {GOOD ONE}

8 hours of sleep every night.

Drinking plenty of water.

Make a paste with 1 teaspoon of tomato juice, half teaspoon lemon juice, a pinch of turmeric powder and a pinch of gramflour. Put it under the eyes and leave on for 10 mins. {THIS IS THE MOST FAMOUS HOME REMEDY FOR DARK CIRCLES}

{Club Soda Rinse}
Fizzies for the Frizzies.

What is club soda? Carbonated water.
Where can I get Club soda? Walmart. 96 cents.

{I have uncontrollable unmanagable frizzified hair.}

Why? Because as you all know, I change my hair color like I change panties.

After you shower, shampoo and condition your hair, give your hair a final rinse with Club soda. This will give you MANAGABLE, CONTROLLABLE, UNFRIZZIFIED hair. It also strips all the residue and dirt left over from your hair

This home remedy was born in the Dominican Republic.

ALSO if you have blonde, or bleached blonde hair and your hair turns green from the chlorine after swimming in a pool, it can strip the green right out of your hair.

{Migraines/Headaches.}
ouchie.

I suffer from frequent headaches and sometimes even a 3 day migraine that comes literally once a month. You can guess when that might be.

So does my mom. So does my luv Tina.

And many more people that I know.

Migraine Headaches are the most chronic headache. Over 25 million people suffer from migraines and 75% of those people are women.

Excessive use of coffee, alcohol, spices, oily greasy food stuff should be avoided.

Increase your intake of {Niacin} which is Vitamin B3. It has been found to be helpful in alleviating migraine pain.

Foods that are rich in Niacin, Vitamin B3 are:
whole wheat
green leafy veggies
nuts
sunflower seeds
and fish

When I have a migraine, the remedy I use {when I have time} is:

The Hot & Cold Treatment.

I wrap a cold pack in a towel and place it on the back of my neck, then I will place my hands in hot water. It is said that the hot water will pull the pressure out of your head. It's also a good excuse to wash dishes before the migraine gets mucho worse.

that + Exedrin Migraine + All the lights OFF

=

Little mama feeling better, and a few cents cheaper utility bill.
the cheaper the bills - the happier my lova JJ is.

Heartburn / Acid Reflux.
Burn Baby Burn. :\

I LOVE food. ANY kind of food. Especially SPICY food.

and then it comes.

HEARTBURN.

and even worse when I lay down

ACID REFLUX.

Whats my remedy???

1 teaspoon of baking soda

swallow.

Chase with water.

Or you can mix the baking soda in the water and drink it.

{very salty. but tastes better than pepto}

Easy as that!

{Girly Cramps.}
o em gee.

People who think "Whats the big deal?" when it comes to girly cramps has obviously not experienced a full-blown case of these gut grabbing spasms.

OH. I HAVE.

Usually my cramps last for about 2 days. Who wants 48 hours of this misery?

Not I.

There are several ways to help reduce cramps.

Exercise.
{endorphins are released when you exercise. which is one of your bodys
natural ways of killing pain.}

Mint.
{add to tea or suck on a mint candy.}

Increasing intake of Vitamins and Minerals.
{take a multivitamin}

WHATS MY REMEDY???

I drink hot liquids. Esp an herbal tea.
{this increases the blood flow and relaxes your muscles.}

Taking a HOT mineral bath.
{Baking Soda, Sea Salt, and Lavender oil.}
very relaxing.

Heating pad on lower back, or lower tummy
{ahhh}

Ibuprofin, midol, or pamprin.
{Whichever I have at the time}


TRY them and SEE!

They work for me!


until next time...
mwuahs.



1 comment: