Life. Live it. Love it. Learn from it.

Friday, February 18, 2011

R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

So as you all know, my Parker Lee is three- will be FOUR October 18th.

For those who have been around Parker know that for the most part he is very:
outgoing
friendly
smart
hilarious
&& one of a kind.

But our problem here recently is ATTITUDE & DISRESPECT.
(I know, I know. Hes THREE}

So the times that I have a little free time, I sometimes brainstorm {what things can I do differently.}

And right now, is one of those times, and I am thinking,

{What can I do to teach him respect, and how to show it.}
The earlier the better!??
And those who know me, like REALLY REALLY know me, know that I have one of those sassy attitudes, & a smart mouth. Or I can.

{And yes, I admit it.}

So the first thing that came to my mind when I thought about RESPECT, is that its GOT to be one of the MOST important things you can teach your child.
I've noticed lately, that Parker is picking up EVERYTHING me and Jeremy say, and do. And not always are we very nice towards each other, because of the sarcastic, SMART MOUTH personailties we both have.

{So we both need to work a little on ourselves too.}

We need to make sure that we are modeling RESPECTFUL behavior.

A few ways I think that I can work on RESPECT as a MoMMy:
- Being reliable. Keep my promises and show Parker I mean what I say.
- Being polite. Say "Please" "Thank You".
- Being fair. Listen to Parkers side of the story before I jump to conclusions.

.............................................................................................

The most important way to show respect is to show love!

{we have no problem with this}


In my house, lots of hugs and kisses are given.
And LOTS of I love you's are said!
..................................................................................................



It is kind of scary how in just 2 years or so, Parker will be starting kindergarden, and from then on, respect will not be the ONLY thing I will be having to teach.
- how to read.
- look on the brightside.
- how to tie shoes
- fight courageously & lose graciously.
- have confidence.
- save money.
- be independent.
- get along with people you may not like too much.
- accept others for their differences.
- play the piano.
- make the bed.
- apologize.
- Algebra in the 3rd grade.
- how to treat girls.
- how to drive.
alright.

I dont even want to think about it anymore.


until next time mwuahs ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment