Life. Live it. Love it. Learn from it.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

These are the moments...

Every day I find myself thinking
"I can't wait for the day that ________"

Over the years that blank has been filled with: turn sixteen, get a tattoo, hurry up and have this baby already, find my passion, find the love of my life, move out, get completely organized and yada yada yada.

I tell myself
"I can totally be happy when ________"

And what do you think happens?

I accomplish the said goal, and then, before I even give myself time to enjoy it, I have moved on to the next "I can't wait for moment".

I'm still waiting on the "I can't wait until Parker actually find something he likes to EAT" moment to pass.

Kind of like when I "couldn't wait" until he could hold his own bottle.
or when I "couldn't wait" until he could sit up in the bathtub.
or when I "couldn't wait" until he could crawl...walk...and talk.


Yesterday as I was cleaning, I took one look at Jeremy and Parker playing and I wanted everything to STOP...to stand still...to stay exactly how it was.

I guess you could say I "had one of those moments"...

You know the ones.

The moments where suddenly,{almost out of nowhere} you become completely overwhelmed with happiness, and you're bursting at the seams with happiness at the life you have been given...{even if its less than perfect}

To me, in those moments, it doesn't matter that I have 5 days worth of laundry to do, or that I have no idea what the future holds for me and my family...

Because in those moments, all that matters is that I am here...


with the ones I love.


There are no "I can't wait until" thoughts, because in those moments I'm not waiting on life to pass me by...
I'm living in the moment...and loving it.
Heres to the moments like these:.

No comments:

Post a Comment