Life. Live it. Love it. Learn from it.

Friday, February 25, 2011

What you see is what you get.

This blog is me.

Every bit of me.

The good, the bad, the ugly
the spunky, the silly,
the happy, the anxious, the content,
the frustrated, the scared, the worried.

The fears, the dreams,
and even the insecurities.

We all have them.

Even the most confident and self assured have insecurities.
We were designed to have them.
You'd be lying if you said you didnt have any.

Some of us keep them a secret.
Some of us wear them on our sleeve.
Some of us let those insecurities bring us down.
Some of us let those insecurities define us.

Since I was 12 years old,
there have always been things I wish I could change about myself.
About my looks,
my body,
my intelligence,
my personality,
my patience.

Nothing TOO serious.
Just always nagging in the back of my mind,

"why can't I be as smart as her?"
"why can't my hair look like that?"
"why can't I have legs like that?"
"why can't I have those abs?"
Sadly, most of those insecurities have to do with physical appearance, as I imagine is pretty normal for most teenage girls.

But then, three years ago,

Everything changed.

I had a baby.

And that baby changed my perspective.
Made me look at the world differently.
Made me look at my body differently.
Made me appreciate its power, rather than focus on
what I thought to be flaws.


The 2 stretch marks on both of my

sides represent the miracle I brought into the world.

The love handles I have represent the times I have chose to enjoy family dinners that consisted of some GOOD cooking.

My almost ALL the way dimished tan represents my need to be healthy for my family, rather than need to bake in the tanning bed.

My not-so-large anymore wardrobe represents enjoying buying for my Parky more than buying for myself.

I have learned am still learning to embrace my insecurities.

But does that mean that I wouldn't love to have flat abs like this girl?
or that I wouldn't drool over having hair like this girl? or long legs like this girl?
or be as selfless like this girl?
or be a super momma like this girl?
or be an inspiration like this girl?
or be as talented as this girl?
or have the strength like this girl?
or be a true friend like this girl? and this girl?


You bet I would.

Because I always want to be better.
but I also want to be ME.


& you can take it or leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment